Monday, May 7, 2007

A whirlwind of anticipation and hope...


When I think of all the amazing people in my life now and all of the experiences God has brought me through, I excitedly anticipate all that He has for this next season we are about to embark on. Let me take a minute to recall these previous 7 years.

When I graduated from City Christian HS in 2000, I could not have imagined where my life is now. I moved in to the 17th Ave house and enrolled in UW to study political science with dreams of someday becoming a successful lawyer. Through many experiences, brothers, mentors, and other providential means He has been equipping me more and more for the work in His Kingdom. After spending these last 7 years now with an amazing family of friends in Seattle, with trips to Thailand, Europe, Israel, the Coastal mountains of British Columbia, as well trips to visit friends around the country, I cannot even imagine what might be in store for me next.

My natural instinct is to try to plan out what I will do when I return from my adventures. Law school or a Master's program are both in my thoughts, but I am still learning how to hold all of my ideas loosely because God's thoughts are much higher and He somtimes leads us on a different path than we think. A friend, Scott Hardman, recently stated that he knows 2 things: 1. Life will not go as you think 2. God is faithful. I like the analogy that our life is a chess piece in God's hand. Sometimes the moves don't seem obvious to us, as we are just small pawns in His incredible universe.

I leave for Africa with 5 friends from Seattle, and much anticipation in my heart. If the Spirit prompts you, be praying that our little group will encounter Jesus in each other and grow in our love for Him. This is just the start of a great adventure...

No comments: